A Business Forged by Pioneers
Fredericks is a business forged by pioneers – a family of ice cream aficionados who first developed their commercial roots close to the Italian Riviera in 1896 and then exported their brand of Italian cool to the North West of England over the next hundred years.
Today the business continues to invest in people and has an enthusiastic and ambitious team that would rival any of our competitors. Whether it’s our sales communicators, ICOM team or production personnel, their entrepreneurial passion for ice cream you can believe in helps us develop new growth opportunities that deliver real competitive advantage for our fabulous brands.
As consumer focused manufacturers we advocate a ‘factory to freezer’ ecosystem that allows us to respond quickly and efficiently to changing market conditions and deliver improved results for our brand partners, retailers and consumers alike.
No other ice cream manufacturer can rival our ability to bring dynamic new ideas to market swiftly and efficiently.
Over 100 years of ice cream heritage
1) The journey begins on the Italian Riviera in 1896.
2) Family travel to the UK and set up shop in North Western England.
3) Developed the Mars Bar Ice Cream in 1988.
4) Won the franchise for Cadbury Ice Cream in 1998.
5) Reinvented the iconic Flake 99 in 1999.
6) Won the franchise for Del Monte Iced Refreshment in 2003.
7) No1 in Adult Refreshment with Del Monte Iced Smoothies 2008.
8) Created the World’s First Wobbly Lolly in 2007 with Jelly Babies.
9) The Most Innovative Ice Cream Company in the World 2008.
10) The Grocer award for the Top Launch in Ice Cream 2008 for Jelly Babies Ice Lollies.
11) The UK’s No1 Independent Ice Cream Company.
12) Retail sales of over £60 million at RSP.*
*Data Source: TNS Superpanel data 52we 30-Nov-08 & AC Neilsen data 52we 08-Nov-08